Day 30 - Rained Out!!: The Wizard Is At Work........Rain, snow, thunder and lightening.....oh, my!! - Off To See the Wizard - CycleBlaze

June 28, 2014

Day 30 - Rained Out!!: The Wizard Is At Work........Rain, snow, thunder and lightening.....oh, my!!

The radar was looking just like it did yesterday when we checked it at 6:30am so off we went to breakfast at The Cove (again great food-olive oil pancakes..yummy. Walker is opening a restaurant in Austin, Tx in Oct and here just for the summer).

It is now 11am and WOW the storm just blew through. Way worse than yesterday am glad we are in our nice DRY room. The few hours between breakfast and now were long and hard for me. I was/am feeling like we need to be moving. As you are aware we are not making the miles we had thought we would. We hope that changes in the next few days and we are able to crank out more miles. Jack is being the strong reasonable one. I would have had us push on and then look where we would be....cold and wet.

Those of you who have been with us from the start know that the original plan was to ride back to CA on the Western Express. We have decided that we are not going to do that. This part has been a bigger adventure than we anticipated and at the rate we are going we wouldn't be back until November. We will just have to save it for another time. The good news is we just found really reasonable flights home and booked them. As we said from the beginning we are learning to be flexible and roll with what comes our way.

We are hoping sun is coming our way soon......

This Morning
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Owners of the Resort are multi talented. We found out today that Jerry played with townes van zandt...we even heard a few stories.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Camp one More Day!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0