Day 23 - Hamilton to Lost Trail Hot Springs: Don't Let Me Down....!! - Off To See the Wizard - CycleBlaze

June 21, 2014

Day 23 - Hamilton to Lost Trail Hot Springs: Don't Let Me Down....!!

Who canceled the wake up call? The norm has been that the birds wake us up at just about 5:30-6AM.....not today we woke up on our own and it was nearly after 7am! Guess that means we will not be getting out of here early today. We packed up and decided to have breakfast at McDonalds. ....the coffee is good there but not as good as Danny's at Pino's in Monterey..Jack says!!!

We left camp and Jack was still looking for his "bottom" cream, which he usually finds at the Ace Hardware in Monterey. We saw an ACE Across the street from McDonald's so off he goes and asks for his cream of choice...which is actually an udder cream. The sales women says they do not carry that but I know what you want, I have used it on my "nipples" (she proceeds to use her hand in around and around motion around her breasts-which is funny and unsettling for Jack) but you should try this...so he comes back with a new product, and a funny grin. We shall see if it works.......I will give a full report later on bottom treatment.

Ok....now it's ten AM and we are just heading out. We have a beautiful day ahead of us and we can see the pass we are heading for...which is good and bad. Over the last couple of days I have been in contact with Rod and Stewart known as "Rod Stewart" of "Nowhere to Go And All Day To Get There"  they are doing the TransAM East to West. This means they have been on the road for 3,200+ miles. They are studs by now. They left Jackson which we hope to make tomorrow and will be going to Hamilton where we left today! We met up with them.....it was so cool to meet folks we have been following for so long. Great Guys.....we also hear Patricia from the lodge is ahead of us but we never find her. We do find Foster the TransAm race guy he is sharing camp with us tonight.

We made it to Sula and the store as planned and we are headed on to Lost Trail Hot Springs. We have passed up a couple of hot springs because they just were not in the right place for our day to end. This one we made! It is great the natural temp is 104 we have been floating about in the pool and now I am having a glass of wine, saying hello to all of you and then I will head back to camp to have dinner. Yes, we are camping and camp with hot springs for two was $21!! Glass of wine is extra.....not to many photos today. Check back tomorrow.....we are headed to Jackson and another Hot Springs..... I can do this.

Got to go.......

Of Course The Only WiFi! However - the wine was boxed. Not good.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Snow in Hamilton
Heart 0 Comment 0
Marilyn - we found this today. How would it look in our slip?!
Heart 0 Comment 0
We Met Rod Stewart today....... Nice to meet you guys!
Heart 1 Comment 0
This nice gate was at a large Dude Ranch. Just as I was taking the photo the grounds crew drive up and open it. While I talk to them, I find out they are both from Kansas and very near my hometown. Emporia and Atchison.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our Tent Area Had Its Own Out House! And yes it was that slanted.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Some of the local critters at Lost Trail Hot Springs
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beautiful Carvings All Over The Grounds. We were told the hotel and hot spring pool had been in business since the mid 1800's
Heart 0 Comment 0
Camp at Lost Trail. Our buddy Foster is here too. No wonder I felt like I was rolling down hill all night -I was.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 44 miles (71 km)
Total: 855 miles (1,376 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0