Panorama ride at the Belvedere - Via Francigena - CycleBlaze

September 3, 2023

Panorama ride at the Belvedere

Tim and I have a very short stay at the Belvedere since we go home on Wed.  Tim decided he is not going to ride at all but be a beach bum instead  since it so warm and the beach is in full swing unlike later in the month.  I on the other hand want to ride so I signed up for the 54km Panorama ride to test out my bike.  Having been here before I know the terrain but it is always beautiful and fun to ride.  We headed south towards Pesaro today riding through a national park with a panoramic view of the Adriatic and the Pesaro beach.  After the coffee stop we had great downhill and flat ride back to Riccione for a wonderful lunch.  There is no shortage of amazing food here.

The village of San Giovanni in Marignano a medieval through which ran an old Roman road linking Rome to Rimini. The route was called the Via Flaminia.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Since the soldiers marched along these routes they needed feeding. All through the village are this stones marking underground storage for various provisions.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our first view of the Adriatic from the park view point
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our coffee stop in Fiorenzuola di Focara. All of the groups came through here at one point.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Signage that this is a bike friendly stop
Heart 0 Comment 0
Unbeknown to Tim and me Ted and Roger are here for the week. Tim spotted them when we arrived yesterday. Here is Roger at coffee break.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The clock tower in the village.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The beach at Pesaro covered in beach umbrellas and huts.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me at another viewpoint
Heart 0 Comment 0
My trusty steed for the 2 days. It is a lovely bike and has the same motor system as my bike at home. Sure makes the hills much easier and I can keep up.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Believe it or not I did not buy any new kit but Tim did.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is the Italy love Canada kit with the maple leaf on the right shoulder and the brim of the hat.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Tonight’s special appetizer around the pool
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim, Ted and Roger waiting for their choices.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The finished product. Inside one half is ricotta cheese, salami and arugula the other has prosciutto instead of salami. Delicious!
Heart 0 Comment 0
The house cat taking over a table.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 54 km (34 miles)
Total: 405 km (252 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0