Starting in Ottawa - Via Francigena - CycleBlaze

August 21, 2023

Starting in Ottawa

This trip has many components.  I flew to Ottawa where I met up with brother Tim and we went for a little city tour of Ottawa.  Sadly almost the entire city centre is under construction for mew buildings, sewers or the LRT.  Nonetheless we manage to maneuver around and see the main sites.  The road in front of the parliament buildings is open again after the truck convoy fiasco last winter.  There is also a new lovely pedestrian/cycling bridge across the Ottawa river.  Ottawa is becoming more and more cycle friendly all of the time which is great to see.

A selfie at the Rideau Falls where the Rideau River meets the Ottawa river.
Heart 0 Comment 2
Mike AylingLike the maple leaf on your mirror!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesGood one. I think we need to reclaim the Maple Leaf, after the convoy fiasco. It was similar with the Gilets Jaunes in France - we felt weird for a while about wearing our traditional yellow high viz stuff.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Parliament Hill from the Quebec side on the bridge.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Again.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Tim on the new bridge
Heart 3 Comment 0
A classic lunch of smoke meat, fries and beer.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 32 km (20 miles)
Total: 32 km (20 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0