Back to Rome and then Canada - Via Francigena - CycleBlaze

September 5, 2023

Back to Rome and then Canada

Another great visit to Italy

Tim and I left the Belvedere early this morning on a train to Bologna and then to Rome.  I decided to stay out in the area of EUR which is closer to the airport for a quiet night before flying out tomorrow back to Ottawa.  Once in Ottawa I will do some cycling with friends before we go to Quebec to connect with some AZ friends to tour Montreal and Quebec City.

This is a wrap for another Italian adventure.  This trip was not our original plan but it turned out to be great and a lot of fun.  I saw and did some things that I have never done before.  I met some new friends and re-acquainted with some old ones.  Two days at the Belvedere was not enough so I am going back next year for a full week.  I still want to do the Lake Garda adventure but it will have to wait.

Arrivederci Italia.

On the train back to Rome, a very efficient way to get around
Heart 0 Comment 0
A late afternoon cocktail of an Aperol Spritz and a Limoncello Spritz.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Pizza for supper. This is another version of Italian pizza. Tim’s was sweet green peppers, mozzarella and basil.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Mine was mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and basil.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The final products
Heart 0 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonAlmost a pizza Margarita!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Lastly an update on our crash victim. She is now in Paris and feeling better but still bruised and sore.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonGood to see her smiling!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Gail JohnsonSee you shortly in Montreal! Great blog, wonderful photos and descriptions. Enjoyed keeping up with your adventures.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago