Off to Riccione - Via Francigena - CycleBlaze

September 2, 2023

Off to Riccione

We left Rome this morning at 10:32 AM on the train to Riccione the home of Belvedere bicycle hotel.  We are only here for 2 days but it feels like home with warm welcomes from the staff and of course Marina and Claudio.  With such a short stay we had to take a room that we could get so we are in this amazing, newly renovated top glamour room with a balcony big enough for 2 lounge chairs.  I was fitted for my bike which is a brand new Bianchi road e-bike with exactly the same motor system as my Argon 18 at home so there is no learning curve for me.  

We took the slow train which was direct rather than the fast train with a change, the timing was about the same.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our location is Riccione.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The entrance to the hotel.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim is already enjoying the pool.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The schedule for the week, sadly we will miss the best parts.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Rich FrasierThis looks amazing! I'm going to check it out for a possible visit next year. Thanks for posting it!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Hilary JaegerTo Rich FrasierIf you like road cycling you won’t be disappointed. Guided rides for all levels from ‘leisure’ (inexperienced but willing) up to pro-wannabe. Fabulous hotel, spa, food and staff. And non-cycling folks can beach, spa, or explore the area; they will take a bus to the special off-site activities listed if they want to participate. The reviews on trip advisor are not fake, it really is that great.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
A welcoming Prosecco and appies around the pool.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tonight’s dinner menu as a buffet.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This year’s complementary T shirt.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Gail JohnsonLove, love, love the Belvedere Hotel
Reply to this comment
8 months ago