Saigon Photo Gallery - Unchained Melody - CycleBlaze

November 25, 2023

Saigon Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery of Saigon

Portrait of Ho Chi Minh in the old Central Post Office, Saigon.
Heart 4 Comment 2
Lisa LeslieThese pictures really take me back. Our last trip to Saigon in 2012 we visited this central post office. And the street food scene! So many fond memories.
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
Bruce LellmanTo Lisa LeslieLisa,
What a special time to be living in Saigon, and with your kids! You are lucky. Anyone who can live for a time in a totally foreign place is lucky. I'm glad you are enjoying reminiscing. We love Vietnam too.
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
In a large market in Saigon.
Heart 5 Comment 0
Delicious food is everywhere in Saigon.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Part of our A25 Hotel's buffet breakfast area.
Heart 4 Comment 0
We saw people eating and drinking at little tables on the sidewalks all the time. We loved the street/cafe culture of Saigon. Plus, this was the fanciest pressed and dried squid stand we had ever seen.
Heart 4 Comment 0
There are loads of big trees in Saigon nearly everywhere. They make for a wonderful atmosphere.
Heart 7 Comment 0
Parks are plentiful and lush.
Heart 7 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
I read an article by a National Geographic journalist who visited Saigon and was wondering about the numbers on all the trees. He asked everyone he met what the numbers meant and every single person answered him the same way, "What numbers?"
Heart 7 Comment 0
There is a subway being built in Saigon. This is one of the brand new stations. Unfortunately there was a huge area of large trees that were sacrificed to make just this one station.
Heart 3 Comment 0
In a large market.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 3
Jen RahnHow refreshing to see only minimal signs of Christmas season.
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
Bruce LellmanTo Jen RahnAs the locals have never seen the numbers on the trees I don't see the minimal signs of Christmas, which is even more refreshing!
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
John SolemLove that Beatles poster
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
Chinese temple
Heart 6 Comment 0
Heart 9 Comment 0
People eating and drinking on the streets everywhere.
Heart 9 Comment 0
Heart 7 Comment 0
So many motorbikes! It's the Grab delivery guys who are the dangerous ones. They take too many risks and are aggressive.
Heart 9 Comment 4
Scott AndersonWow! This beats Taiwan. Good luck getting out of the city.
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
Bruce LellmanTo Scott AndersonI would guess that Vietnam beats every other country on earth when it comes to motorbikes. It's rather insane and out of control.
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
Cornelia SchulzThat looks pretty disciplined....no pushing and trying to get ahead? Would look totally different in Germany ;)
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
Bruce LellmanTo Cornelia SchulzYeah, but you should see the chaos when the light changes to green. And at the intersection when motorbikes are turning every which way. There are no traffic lights with green arrows so it is a free-for-all. The best way to explain it is with a video and so far we haven't added videos to our journals. I don't know why.
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
An entire store on her shoulders.
Heart 6 Comment 0
A lottery ticket seller.
Heart 5 Comment 0

lovebruce

Rate this entry's writing Heart 17
Comment on this entry Comment 2
George HallI've read all the introductory parts and am now looking forward to following along on your adventure. My only experience anywhere close to that region of the world is a few weeks in South Korea on a work assignment in 2019. Korea was way too crowded and too much air pollution for me to imagine bike touring. But I've heard good things about the tourist experience in Vietnam, and my sister enjoyed a supported bicycle tour in nearby Thailand, so I will be following along to see how things go for you. Best of luck!
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
Andrea BrownTo George HallWe’re happy to have you along, George. Our trips may not be very typical of the CycleBlaze crowd, most of whom are much more serious riders than we are. We find it a very cool way to travel, the cycling is a way to get off the beaten path and have more freedom. We are wimps and go pretty slowly and don’t train and then pay the price and do a lot of whining, etc. It’s good for us to have our readers who keep us going and encourage us and overlook our focus on obscure topics rather than stats. Thank you for showing up for us, believe me, we need that.
Reply to this comment
5 months ago