Day 95 - Montague to Georgetown Loop - Two Far 2022 - Reunion Bound (the long way around) - CycleBlaze

July 13, 2022

Day 95 - Montague to Georgetown Loop

Heart 1 Comment 0

We did a loop from Montague over to Georgetown today.  It's a place we haven't seen on our previous PEI tours.

It's still windy, but not as bad as yesterday.  We only had a direct headwind for maybe 10 of the 36 miles we rode.   We're looking forward to riding tomorrow with a windspeed of less than 10mph!

It was about 10 miles to Georgetown.  It is on the Georgetown River and had an attractive waterfront park.

Heart 1 Comment 1
Rose SamsonNo boats or kayaks---the view is just beautiful! A blanket spread under that tree makes it a good place to take a nap.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Places for kids and adults to enjoy...
Heart 0 Comment 0
and even a train to play in!
Heart 1 Comment 0

We saw this huge ferry docked and Kerry had to ride down and check it out.  He found someone to ask and learned that it is a ferry which travels between Souris, PEI and the Magdalen Islands.  It is a backup for the ferry currently in use, so is docked here in Georgetown.

The C.T.M.A. Vacancier
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

It looked as if this old church is being restored.  It is always good to see buildings preserved.

Church in Georgetown
Heart 0 Comment 0

We saw several long lanes that we guessed led to homes on the river.  We didn't go exploring on any of them - definitely looked like private roads.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

We had a short distance to ride on gravel leaving Georgetown.  Thank goodness it wasn't this sand road.  That would have called for walking, not pedaling.

Red sand road - we didn't even think about exploring it!
Heart 1 Comment 0

Between Georgetown and the next town, Cardigan, we had a peaceful ride through the country.

White barns
Heart 1 Comment 0

It always concerns us a little to see orange cones ahead, but this was just a short move around some utility work.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Approaching Cardigan, we found cheerful flowers in planters along the bridge over the Cardigan River.  We've seen this other places and it gives such a nice first impression of the town.

Heart 1 Comment 0

We stopped at a convenience store and met Mark, who worked in the store and John, a customer.  John walked over to the bike and saw my name on the frame.  "Jeanna", he said, "just like my daughter."  That was a surprise.  I have met only a very few other "Jeannas" in my life.  He took a picture of the bike to show her.

We had fun meeting Mark and John.
Heart 3 Comment 0

Not a great photo, but a pretty church in Cardigan.  

Heart 1 Comment 0

Past Cardigan, we saw some of the horse and buggy signs on the road, then had an Amish buggy go by.  There were several farms we assumed to be Amish because they had no electric lines and no motor vehicles.  Also, like the Amish farms near Kerry's hometown in Ohio, they are orderly and immaculate.

An Amish home with a nice family garden
Heart 1 Comment 0

I think this farm was Amish as well.

Sheep
Heart 0 Comment 0
I didn't see the small colt sitting below its mother until I uploaded this picture to my Surface.
Heart 2 Comment 0

I was going to call this a round barn, but it has a house-type door and a garage door to the left of that, so I guess it's not a barn.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Some wildflowers from today.

Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltMaybe wild roses. Not enough detail to be sure.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

This is a close up of a tiny purple flower that was close to the ground in a field with lots of clover.

What am I?
Heart 2 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltHeal all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prunella_vulgaris
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

We're going to do another loop tomorrow.  It's so nice to have a place to call "home" even for a few days.

Today's ride: 36 miles (58 km)
Total: 3,032 miles (4,880 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0