Day 135 - Coshocton to Zanesville - Two Far 2022 Reunion Bound (the long way around) - CycleBlaze

September 21, 2022

Day 135 - Coshocton to Zanesville

Heart 0 Comment 0

We've reached to end of Two Far 2022.  We arrived in Zanesville today.  We have a day to rest and gear down from cycling mode before the reunion activities start the day after tomorrow.

Our route today was only 33 miles.  It was nice to have these two short days at the end.  There were enough hills and headwinds to keep us from taking it too easy.  Except for the wind direction, it was another beautiful day.  We are ending this tour at exactly the right time, I think.  The temperature this morning was in the mid 60's and it got up to the mid 80's.  Beginning tomorrow, the next several days have lows in the 40's and highs in the mid 60's.  It is time to head back to Florida!

 I took only a few pictures today.  This is the Muskingum River at Coshocton.  It is known locally as the "muddy Muskingum" for good reason.

Not a clear blue waterway
Heart 0 Comment 2
Rose SamsonENJOY & have fun on your Reunion! Happy memories always linger!
Florida is waiting for you. We have 60's during the night and 80's &
low 90's sometimes at daytime. We are preparing for this storm
Hermine coming to Florida this coming week. Come back home safely.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rose SamsonENJOY & have fun on your Reunion! Happy memories always linger!
Florida is waiting for you. We have 60's during the night and 80's &
low 90's sometimes at daytime. We are preparing for this storm
Hermine coming to Florida this coming week. Come back home safely.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

It is good to see crops coming the full cycle.  We're not usually still on the road when the corn we saw as little green shoots in the spring is ready for harvest.

Looks ready for harvest
Heart 1 Comment 0

One more house being reclaimed by Mother Nature.

Heart 1 Comment 0

At one point, we missed a turn and decided to take the next road going in the right direction.  This looked like a nice alternative until maybe a tenth of a mile farther on when the surface became large, loose gravel.  We decided to go back to the mail road.

The road surface deteriorated quickly just around the bend.
Heart 0 Comment 0

In Muskingum County now, home of the West Muskingum High School Tornadoes.

Almost there
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our last stop on this tour led to our meeting Elizabeth Taylor!   She is a clerk in the market where we took our last Diet Coke break of Two Far 2022.  She came out of the store to see the bike and see us off.

Elizabeth Taylor, we enjoyed meeting you.
Heart 0 Comment 0

And we made it to our hotel with no flat tires, no accidents, no illnesses and no injuries.  There was that little broken fork incident that ended up costing us three weeks, but that doesn't seem so important now.  

Heart 3 Comment 3
Curt & Helene ReedWe have enjoyed traveling with you and reading your blog. We admire you resuming your trip after your broken fork incident.
Come back home where the temperatures are still in the 90's and where your friends are waiting for you🤩
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Dave GerardCongratulations guys!

You have taken life to the next level and have proven anything is possible!!

It definitely was great meeting you in the Bruce

I sincerely hope your reunion was a good one !

Dave and Kristen (the Diet Coke fiend !)
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Dave GerardThanks, Dave and Kristen. It was a great trip and we did enjoy the reunion. The best thing about being home (aside from escaping the hurricane) is having a ready stock of Diet Coke on hand so we don't have to go out searching for our fix every day!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

Today's ride: 33 miles (53 km)
Total: 4,406 miles (7,091 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Rich FrasierAmazing!! Congratulations on making it to your destination! I’ve enjoyed following along. Thanks for taking me to corners of the US and Canada that I didn’t know were there!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Rich FrasierThank you, Rich, for following along to those corners with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the trip.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago