Day 10 - Perry to Crawfordville - Two Far 2021 - Sooo... Far - CycleBlaze

April 18, 2021

Day 10 - Perry to Crawfordville

Wet and gray

Heart 1 Comment 0

Our ride today was much better than the last one.  We didn't get attacked by dogs and the rain was light without any thunderstorms.  Time was, we wouldn't consider a day with completely gray skies and intermittent rain anything to appreciate, but it's all relative, isn't it?

My leg didn't bother me too much.  Getting on and off the bike was uncomfortable, but once I got into a pedaling rhythm the pain was minor.

The dreary weather continued today with intermittent  light rain all day.  It was a nuisance, but not terrible to ride in.  Because of the rain, I didn't take many pictures.

We were on US 98 all the way to Crawfordville.  Some cyclists complain about the amount of traffic, but there is a good shoulder all the way and it is a road we usually enjoy riding.

US 98 west of Perry
Heart 2 Comment 0
The Aucilla River - popular for fishing and boating
Heart 0 Comment 0

We stopped for lunch at JR's Aucilla River Store.  This is the only store for miles in each direction.  Lunch was good and we had a good time talking with Joel, who told us that he bought the place in May, 2020.  

Heart 3 Comment 0

There aren't any towns on 98 between Perry and Crawfordville.  As you go west, the land is coastal marsh/swamp.  I'm not sure the correct thing to call it - some kind of wetlands.  

Heart 4 Comment 0

That's the end of my short journal for today.  I'll try to find more interesting things to show you tomorrow.

Today's ride: 54 miles (87 km)
Total: 419 miles (674 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Rich FrasierGood to see that you’re back on the road. Bonne route!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Rich FrasierMerci
Reply to this comment
3 years ago