Day 85 - Logansport, IN to Kokomo, IN - Two Far 2020 - NTF (Not Two Far) - CycleBlaze

August 23, 2020

Day 85 - Logansport, IN to Kokomo, IN

Heart 1 Comment 0

After our bonus miles yesterday, we were really looking forward to today's short 40 mile ride.  The Quality Inn where we stayed last night had an onsite restaurant, so our room rate included a "real" full breakfast of eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and toast.  It was very good and the servings were large.  We both ate more than we usually eat in the morning and we felt it when we started out on the bike.  But an hour later, I said I was ready to have the leftover food I couldn't finish at breakfast and Kerry said he was thinking the exact same thing. 

We crossed the Wabash River leaving Logansport.  There was quite a climb up from the river that reached 10% on my Garmin.  We made it to the top without four on the floor, but it was strenuous.  That's probably what made us both hungry again so soon!

The Wabash River at Logansport
Heart 1 Comment 0

We rode past more of the same corn and bean fields today, with a little livestock here and there.  These cows were relaxing under the trees, but two of them stood up to watch us ride by.

Morning cows
Heart 1 Comment 0

We got a strong animal aroma past a little past this place that smelled too pungent to be cows.  We got the answer a minute later when this came in to view.  I'm sure they are pig barns.  There were three of them.

Pig barns
Heart 1 Comment 0

Since some of you (Mike :)) always enjoy barn pictures, I have a little barn gallery for you today.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerLove the extra color in this barn.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Heart 2 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerBarns are lighthouse - historic parts of our world.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago

And here is another Indiana white farm.

Heart 2 Comment 0

We had to stop for a roadside foot break and while I was waiting for the pain to stop, Kerry explored the corn.

It is very tall!
Heart 2 Comment 0

A couple of days ago, Kerry tried to get a look inside the Fratco factory where they were making drainage pipe.  We passed this barn advertising them today.

Heart 2 Comment 0

Near the end of our ride, we finally saw a crop other than beans or corn.  One place had several acres of tomatoes.   They appeared to be very ripe and we could smell them. 

Marinara sauce to be
Heart 1 Comment 0

We got into our motel around 3PM, happy to have had a shorter day.   Our motel is undergoing renovations, but our room is nice and we are looking forward to a day off tomorrow. 

Today's ride: 40 miles (64 km)
Total: 2,779 miles (4,472 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0