Day 36 - Le Center, MN to New Ulm, MN - Two Far 2020 - NTF (Not Two Far) - CycleBlaze

July 5, 2020

Day 36 - Le Center, MN to New Ulm, MN

Heart 2 Comment 0

Today was about the same as yesterday - some farms, some towns, decent roads and hot - high was around 90.

Another beautiful Minnesota vista. It is very green here.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Some of the corn fields are very tall already.
Heart 2 Comment 0
A small, pretty lake
Heart 2 Comment 0

We have noticed that many of the fields have low spots with varying amounts of standing water.  This one looks like a lake!

Heart 1 Comment 0

As does this one, but they seem to be low areas in the field that fill with water.

Heart 1 Comment 0

The prettiest town today was St. Peter.  It is on the Minnesota River.  We had a long, steep descent to the the town.   

Bridge across the Minnesota River. I couldn't get a good picture of the river as we rode across.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Kerry here...  St. Peter is home to Gustavus Adolphus College.  We had planned to ride around the campus, until we saw the hill the campus was located on.  We decided we didn't feel like pushing the bike up the hill, so we settled for photos of the town.  The town really had a "college feel" to it.  There were lots of pubs, coffee shops and pizza joints.

 

 A couple of pictures of downtown St. Peter.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Leaving St. Peter, we had a long climb to get out of the river valley.  (Not too steep, though,  as we pedaled all the way up without any trouble:-) )

As soon as we were out of St. Peter we were in the country again.  (These small MN towns are very well defined. - you're either in town or out of town,  no endless suburbs as we're used to having in FL.)

We think this is wheat, but weren't close enough to tell for sure.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Just before we got to New Ulm, we rode past what were definitely poultry houses.  This part of Minnesota raises a lot of turkeys, but we didn't see any birds here.

Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 43 miles (69 km)
Total: 930 miles (1,497 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0