Day 32 - Le Roy, MN to Rochester, MN - Two Far 2020 - NTF (Not Two Far) - CycleBlaze

July 1, 2020

Day 32 - Le Roy, MN to Rochester, MN

Heart 2 Comment 0

Today also started out on a trail.  This was the Shooting Star State Trail.  The first ten miles ran through Lake Louise State Park.

It was a pleasant ride through the park.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerNice image Jeanna!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Kerry looked it up - this is a weir on Lake Louise. I was just going to call it a spillway.
Heart 2 Comment 0

A young family crossing the road ahead of us.  The mother came out of the woods behind them, but turned back when she saw us.  I hope they were all reunited shortly.

Theses fawns still had their spots
Heart 3 Comment 0

We met another young family on the trail.  This girl looked as if she would soon be a serious cyclist.

She was moving on down the trail. That's her brother behind her.
Heart 4 Comment 0
And here is the whole family enjoying a morning trail ride.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Another view as we were leaving the park.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We got off the trail in Adams.  Here is another little museum closed because of COVID.  We're very happy to be out touring at all, and we know it is much safer for them to be closed,  but it is disappointing to have to miss so many interesting places.

Heart 3 Comment 0

Just past Adams, we came to this road closed sign.

Road closed, but Kerry kept going.
Heart 1 Comment 0
You don't know if you can get through unless you try.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The construction workers said we could push the bike through...
Heart 3 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerThey probably felt bad for you - right!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
and so we did!
Heart 1 Comment 0
We've been lucky to encounter construction zones that have new pavement for us to enjoy.
Heart 2 Comment 0

When we plan routes, we search Google Maps for places to take breaks.  One we found on today's route was The Port Bar and Grill in Elkton.

It appeared to be closed and there was some yellow police tape around the building.
Heart 1 Comment 0
As we went around the corner, we saw the reason. There had been a very recent fire upstairs. It doesn't show very well in this photo, but the attic appeared completely burned inside. The odor of the fire was still very strong.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We had another memorable rest stop today at Glynn's Motor Mart in Grand Meadow.  It was a clean, comfortable place with hot food and tables and chairs to sit inside and eat.  These days, that's luxury!  But the best part was meeting the owner,  Jeremy Glynn.  He was very outgoing and friendly and we really enjoyed talking with him.

Here's Jeremy!
Heart 3 Comment 0

There are many big wind farms in this area.

Heart 2 Comment 0

And, one last picture today for our friends who enjoy a little rust.

Heart 3 Comment 1
Mike ObermeyerLooks like an interesting project for my son and I.
He loves old trucks.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago

Kerry here...  We're spending a couple of nights in a LaQuinta Inn in Rochester.  While B&B's can be charming, and old hotels quaint,  it is nice to be in a modern hotel with a nice desk, fridge, microwave and fast internet!

Today's ride: 55 miles (89 km)
Total: 792 miles (1,275 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Lou HarminGood to hear from you......a couple with no details can be scary to me. Glad you are on the road. lou
Reply to this comment
3 years ago