Gallery of Chiang Mai Photos - This Time Tomorrow - CycleBlaze

January 24, 2017

Gallery of Chiang Mai Photos

Gallery of Chiang Mai Photos

Heart 3 Comment 0
Our guest house is on this little lane.
Heart 3 Comment 0
I will never understand this obsession with oneself that most people have.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Inside the moat area the old buildings are being torn down and ones like this are built.
Heart 2 Comment 0
This store has not changed one bit since I first laid eyes on it in 1974.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Not only has this store not changed at all since 1974 but most of the same merchandise is still there.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Sale ads stuck in the gate of a temple. Just the sort of reading material a monk needs.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The millepede reminds me of what the Tingler looked like in the old movie The Tingler. It attached itself to the fear organ, gland, nerve, whatever, and of course killed you in the process. Everyone was on edge much the same way most people are on edge with Trump these days.
Heart 1 Comment 0
On Thaphae Road, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Heart 1 Comment 0
Black skirts are the rage now days to honor the deceased king.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
This vegetable seller has hoisted herself into the middle of all her vegetables for more years than I've been coming to Chiang Mai. But she looks like she might be worn out. I imagine she would like to die right there in the place where she has spent most of her life. She's a fixture at Warrorot Market.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Old-time Warrorot Market never changes much, which is a good thing. It's famous and there is a constant stream of Thai tourists there buying lots of old style foods they can't find anywhere else. I hope it can remain as it is for a long time to come.
Heart 3 Comment 0
One of the only places left where a person can buy Khao Lam - sticky rice inside bamboo. It's a great snack on the road. Easy to pack and the outer bamboo casing is biodegradable.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Another section of Warrorot Market.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The best Thai iced tea maker we know of, just outside Warrorot Market. Forty cents.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Khao Soy at the famous Faham Khao Soy Restaurant. It's the best.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
There is so much really great coffee now in Thailand. It's mostly grown in the northern hills which they call mountains.
Heart 2 Comment 0
My favorite restaurant out of town a little bit next to McCormick Hospital. I discovered it in 1998 coming out of the hospital after getting a rabies shot.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Old neglected building right on the main street of Chiang Mai. I hope someone restores it.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The moat has been cleaned up and is looking better than I've ever seen it proving that some things do improve.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
A large portrait of the recently deceased king. He has largely been elevated to 'God-like' status and to put his portrait in front of a temple door kind of says a lot about that.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is the flower of a vine I've never seen anywhere else. These flowers are larger than my outstretched hand.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our favorite fruit shake maker.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This woman is grabbing a bite to eat before she sets up her stall at the Sunday night market.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
A graduate of Chiang Mai University and her proud parents on graduation day.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Northern temples are the most personal with their roof lines swooping way down to the human level. Bangkok style the roof lines are the opposite and up 50 feet or more.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Part of the staircase to Wat Doi Suthep which overlooks the city from Doi Suthep (mountain).
Heart 4 Comment 0
Reclining Buddha at Wat Doi Suthep
Heart 1 Comment 0
Monks making merit at Wat Doi Suthep.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Two rules ignored.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Wat Doi Suthep is the heart and soul of the Thai people. It's their favorite temple and pilgrimages to it are constant.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Little girl at Wat Soi Suthep learning how it's done.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Beautiful Wat Doi Suthep, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The view of the city of Chiang Mai from Doi Suthep.
Heart 2 Comment 0
There are amazing Western breakfasts in Chaing Mai.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 35 miles (56 km)
Total: 1,620 miles (2,607 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0