Wreck Cove to Whycocomagh - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

September 29, 2012

Wreck Cove to Whycocomagh

I was away late this morning. I had expected to be woken by the sun streaming through the tent, but the clouds had other ideas. As I was packing away I was distracted by another guy who had camped nearby and we chatted for a while. It was refreshing to hear someone else with the same opinion of The Cape Breton Highlands National Park as me, that although parts are outstanding they are few and far apart, that the whole area is spoilt by being too commercialised, and that there are other parts of Canada that are far better and not even Provincial Parks.

Sunrise at Wreck Cove
Heart 1 Comment 0

It was an uneventful ride to Baddeck where I bought the days groceries and had lunch, then saw the group of supported riders again that I saw yesterday.

If you think cyclists look wierd in their lycra, check out these motorcyclists in their leather.
Heart 0 Comment 0

As I approached Whycocomagh it started raining, so I went to the Provincial Park and set up the tent. Again. A job I am sure I can do blindfolded. The rain got heavier and heavier so I made a curry in the shelter of the washrooms entrance while my by now filthy washing was in the washing machine.

Today's ride: 68 miles (109 km)
Total: 8,270 miles (13,309 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0