Sightseeing in Victoria - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

May 19, 2012

Sightseeing in Victoria

After a very comfortable and peaceful night in a proper bed I headed back to the Mill Bay ferry (although I should have read the timetable properly to avoid waiting so long) then rode south from Brentwood Bay to Victoria for a day of sightseeing - after a visit to the MEC.

At mile zero, the start (or end) of the Trans Canada Highway.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Victoria - full of newly weds and nearly dead's, and the city that's more English than England didn't disappoint. A very relaxed place with lots going on and lots to see, it's another place to put on the "places I would be happy to live" list, although it would be lower than Shaw Island!

Try pedalling this rig over The Rockies.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A great school band playing on the steps of the Legitaslive Buildings, really getting the crowds grooving.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After a full day, I decided upon a change of scenery, and came back via the Malahat "Pass", topping out at a massive 352 metres, before descending at 40mph. Weeeee...

Time now to repack the bags and spend another night in a comfortable bed - thanks Steve and Dodie, before heading off into the unknown again tomorrow.

Atop the Empress Hotel
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 60 miles (97 km)
Total: 1,713 miles (2,757 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0