Sheguiandah to Gore Bay - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

July 12, 2012

Sheguiandah to Gore Bay

Now that we are on the islands, we have decided to go into holiday mode, and not worry about covering any ground breaking distances, but just to enjoy the surroundings and atmosphere. This was made slightly difficult by the slightly (ahem) overweight people on the campsite next to us last night who did their best to disturb our sleep with their snoring and coughing. However, this was soon forgotten when we pedalled through some beautiful quiet roads with great views.

Chasing the great views on Manitoulin.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After visiting the Bridal Veil Falls, and then swimming in the pool, we went to the beach at Kagawong, and having found some picnic tables under some shade, ate lunch then fell asleep on the tables.

Who needs to travel to Niagra Falls when you have the Bridal Veil Falls?
Heart 2 Comment 0

After a hot ride to Gore Bay we spent the remainder of the day cooling down with a beer, swimming, and chatting to the sailors and locals, before going for a pizza, then finding a suitable wild camping spot near to the lighthouse, as there is no campground in town.

Sunset at Gore Bay.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 4,887 miles (7,865 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0