Rest day at Burgeo - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

August 27, 2012

Rest day at Burgeo

Burgeo.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Burgeo.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Knowing my plans for the next few days, it seems a little crazy to have a "rest" day, but this area is so good, and in need of exploration that a "day off" was needed. I have been struggling with a dilemna. So many people have put a finger to their lips, and sais "shhh, don't tell anybody else about it", that I was questioning whether to actually mention Burgeo - but the cat's out of the bag now. Having spent a day here too now, my feelings for the place just grow stronger, it is so peaceful and unspoilt.

Marion's delicious bread.
Heart 0 Comment 0

As promised, Marion arrived at 9 o'clock with our fresh bread, mmm, and there is more ordered for tomorrow! I spent the morning catching up with the journal (did I mention that they even have wifi at the Provincial Park campground?), and doing laundry. More food, and other essentials were needed, and we found the hardware store and liquor store in one building - what more does a man need in one place?

The perfect man-shop.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The rest of the day was spent swimming in the sea, chilling out, chatting to Brett and Emily - another couple of touring cyclists that have turned up and plan to do the same route as us, being entertained by Perry, the very funny campsite warden, and returning to the ahem hardware store...

Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 10 miles (16 km)
Total: 7,211 miles (11,605 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0