Rennie to Rushing River Provincial Park - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

June 22, 2012

Rennie to Rushing River Provincial Park

The day started quickly today, without having to put the tent away. As it turned out it didn't rain last night, but it was a nice change to have slept in the games room. Before long we were riding through Whiteshell Provincial Park, and saw a small black bear just before reaching Bear Lake.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Welcome to Ontario
Heart 1 Comment 0

Although I have been doing my best to escape from it, there was no getting away from the Trans Canada Highway today, and we crossed the border into Ontario, the 5th province so far, on it. It had been a beautiful day, and we stopped at the info centre at Kenora, after 50 miles, for lunch and some shade. Once refuelled we tried to stock up downtown, a pretty area with some lovely old buildings by the waterside, and were traumatised by the crazy drivers. We found a "No Frills" foodstore, which Kate complained about, as she said they had a poor selection of food, but as I found everything I needed to make a curry, I was more than happy with it.

It's not just the flies that are big around here, the beetles are huge too.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Kate rode on to the campground at the Rushing River Provincial Park whilst I stayed in town for some wifi, and when I caught up at the campsite was ready for a swim in the lake, my first freshwater one so far, before making a curry fit for a king, watching the sun setting over the lake, and turning in for the night.

Before...
Heart 0 Comment 0
...and after.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 76 miles (122 km)
Total: 3,784 miles (6,090 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0