Perivale to Miller's Lake - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

July 14, 2012

Perivale to Miller's Lake

Bob certainly knows how to make your stay at Fred's Camp http://manitoulintime.com/ a memorable one. After a cup of the coffee he had made, watching Dancer being fed and then swimming, we slowly and reluctantly packed up, to fight the head wind to South Baymouth for the ferry to Tobermory. Fortunately we made good time, and had enough time left for fish and chips with a cold beer, followed by an ice cream, before boarding the ferry.

Obviously dreamt up by a woman!
Heart 0 Comment 0
The ferry from South Baymouth to Tobermory.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We had hoped to stay at the Bruce Peninsula National Park, but as it was full we had to ride on to the Miller's Family Camp on the shore of Miller's Lake. This place is definitely worth a recommendation - I recommend that you avoid it! Not only was it crowded and overpriced, with poor swimming, but it was very noisy at night too. I guess we hve been spoilt with some near perfect wild camping spots recently.

Now that we have moved into the South Ontario area, it is worth making some comparisons. The roads are noticeably busier, although there are fewer pick-up trucks on them now. Also, there is much more development, and the concentration of inhabitants is much higher, although that means that there are more services, and we have now started seeing some roadside vendors with some delicious fresh produce. The people have however continued to be just as friendly and helpful.

Today's ride: 53 miles (85 km)
Total: 4,994 miles (8,037 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0