Miller's Lake to Owen Sound - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

July 15, 2012

Miller's Lake to Owen Sound

I awoke tired and early this morning, and we were on the road again by 0645. Before long I clocked 5,000 miles for the journey so far, so a photo stop was called for.

The view at 5,000 miles.
Heart 1 Comment 0

I found today hard, not only due to the heat, but because of my tiredness - I struggle to cope when tired - fortunately Kate recognises this, and we stopped for a second breakfast / early lunch, and were finished and back on the road again by 10.

After following a route recommended by a local we had chatted to earlier in the day, we had a swim at an idyllic spot on the Georgian Bay, and quickly followed it with the best scoop ice cream of the trip so far, all made by hand on the premises. The ginger crunch comes highly recommended.

If you see this place, STOP for some fabulous ice cream!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Although not long, there were a few steep hills today, with a top speed of 44mph being clocked on one - it feels good to be going fast again!

Kate has friends in Owen Sound, so we headed there for the afternoon and evening for a very relaxed and sociable time, before crashing out in their garden for a much needed sleep.

Today's ride: 63 miles (101 km)
Total: 5,057 miles (8,138 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0