Montebello to St Calixte - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

July 26, 2012

Montebello to St Calixte

Most of the day was spent leap-frogging Corri and Willem, which was great as they are such fun, and always ready to laugh.

Corri and Willem.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Kate and I stopped at Lachute for tea, a sandwich and wifi (the town has free wifi in all areas). It was a busy and noisy place, so it was a relief to finally escape, and find a quiet picnic spot for some lunch. The timing wasn't perfect, as we arrived when the grounds maintenance team was out in full force cutting the grass with tractor driven mowers and whipper-snippers (strimmers).

Buying lunch at a roadside farm produce stand.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The heat, humidity, noise and busy roads has worn me out today, so it was good to finally arrive at a rustic (run down and poorly maintained) campsite in a lovely quiet location and cook a curry for dinner. The lady running the campsite insisted that she show us where to set up by taking us there on a golf buggy, which I was at first hesitant to do, but I survived to tell the tale.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Again, almost without exception, the people have been very friendly again today, smiling and waving at every opportunity.

Today's ride: 69 miles (111 km)
Total: 5,571 miles (8,966 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0