Griffith to Fitzroy Provincial Park - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

July 23, 2012

Griffith to Fitzroy Provincial Park

Today was the first time in well over a month that I wore my waterproof trousers, although not for their designed purpouse. Laundry had been a priority for a while, so when we rode into Renfrew the first job was to find a laundromat. As everything needed washing, I was left wearing waterproof trousers and a cycling top whilst everything else went through it's decontamination cycle.

The excitement of watching her washing going around and around proved to be too much for Kate.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Clean again, it was a quick trip to the bike shop, then groceries, before getting out of town as fast as possible. Sometimes when you ride into a town you get an immediate good feel for the place, but unfortunately Renfrew was not one of these, so a fast exit was called for.

Where old meets new.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Having ridden from Sault Ste. Marie to Espanola, I vowed not to ride on the Trans Canada Highway again (until Newfoundland). Today we had to ride on it for a short section. A very short section. In fact, we rode directly across it. It was unavoidable, and I believe (by my rules) excusable. We then passed through Arnprior to Fitzroy Harbour, getting soaked by warm rain and entertained by a large electrical storm.

Having set up camp in the Provincial Park, downed a couple of large cups of tea and fed ourselves, we fitted a new pair of handlebars to Kate's bike. Not only should this make her riding position more comfortable, but it has transformed her bike into a much cooler one.

Pimp my ride!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 68 miles (109 km)
Total: 5,410 miles (8,707 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0