Fitzroy Provincial Park to Aylmer - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

July 24, 2012

Fitzroy Provincial Park to Aylmer

Sometimes you have a day where everything seems to go wrong, and sometimes everything seems to go right. Today, after noticing that a raccoon had eaten a hole in a pannier and taken a chunk out of a loaf of bread, it transformed from a bad day to a great day.

Damage caused by the damned raccoons.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It was a small crossing into Quebec, so in the absence of a "Welcome to Quebec" sign, this will have to do.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Aftrer a quick repair to the pannier, we got going towards the ferry across the Ottawa River and into Quebec. A ferry ride is always fun, and this one was no exception. Since leaving Vancouver more than 50% of my time has been spent in Ontario, and I was looking forward to a change. Arriving in a new province is always interesting, as there are always differences that are noticeable, but arriving in Quebec the differences were huge and very obvious, from the style of the architecture to the shape of the population, where obese is now unusual instead of fairly normal.

Cool ferry to Quebec.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After lunch in a park we went to Moca Loco, a cool cafe, for a coffee and some wifi where we got chatting to Jean Francois who was interested in our trip as a family friend of his had just returned from a long bike tour. Before we knew what was happening we were at Jean's (the friend) and Marie's house, where we were fed, entertained and put up for the night.

Following Jean Francois to Jean and Marie's house.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 32 miles (51 km)
Total: 5,442 miles (8,758 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0