Forget to Reston - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

June 16, 2012

Forget to Reston

Kate's friends Ken and Heather invited us in for a pancake and coffee breakfast before we left this morning. Bearing in mind that we were 3 virtual strangers, this was a very generous act of kindness, and typical of the Saskatchewan people who I am unable to fault in any way.

That's one BIG mountie.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The 4 of us rolled out of Forget and headed east, aided by a tailwind which was to help put the average speed for the day at a record 17.8mph. We crossed the provincial border into Manitoba in the afternoon, and lost another hour at the same time due to the time changing to Central Time (more appropriately named than Mountain Time, which was mostly spent crossing the flat prairie).

Crossing into Manitoba. My first border crossing with company!
Heart 1 Comment 0

Not only is Debbie a grandmother, but it was also her birthday today (although i'll not embarres her by saying how old), and no sooner had we finished eating dinner (back to the pasta again) than Kim magically produced a bottle of rum to celebrate her turning 53 (oops). In the interest of saving weight on tomorrows ride we had to finish the bottle, and if we went to bed later than anticipated i'm sure it was because of the time change!

Today's ride: 87 miles (140 km)
Total: 3,412 miles (5,491 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0