Dildo to Bay Roberts - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

September 4, 2012

Dildo to Bay Roberts

We awoke to a shout of "would you guys like some coffee, and to use the bathroom?" and were treated to breakfast as well by Roy and his wife Roslyn. Now can you see why we are all raving about the Newfies?

Heart 1 Comment 0

About 6 miles into the days ride Kate realised that she couldn't find her sunglasses, and was sure she must have left them behind at Roy and Roslyn's. Seizing the opportunity to ride hard and alone for a while I offered to return for them, although when I got there they were nowhere to be found, so I rode back to Bay Roberts to meet up with the group at the library where we were all keen to update our blogs and journals.

Keeping an online journal takes a huge amount of time, and can sometimes seem like a needless chore, but I have met many great people as a direct result of it, and the odd comment now and again in the guestbook makes it all worthwhile (come on all you anonymous readers out there, say hello and let me know who you are). After 3 hours in the library working on it, I had had enough for the day - and the library was closing - and the group consensus was that a Chinese meal was needed before crashing out for the night.

Today's ride: 35 miles (56 km)
Total: 7,429 miles (11,956 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0