Bellevue to Dildo - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

September 3, 2012

Bellevue to Dildo

Even though it was only a short day, how could we pass by the possibility of stopping at a place called Dildo (also the girls in the group refused to move on...)

Gerard Brazil, a very interesting man from Bellevue.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After riding for only 5 or 6 miles this morning, we stopped at a small store in Bellevue. A chatty and very interesting man, Gerard, pulled in in his car and started chatting, and eventually we got moving again, only to be stopped by him a mile further down the road. This time he had brought with him some granola bars, some photographs, and his book of poetry. Reluctantly we finally headed off, aware that we had to get somewhere today.

Heart 0 Comment 0

After a leisurely lunch at Norman's Cove, and a hand crushing handshake from Greg - one of the locals - we left the sanctuary of the quiet roads and ventured back on to the Trans Canada (that's another dollar in the swear box), before turning off to head to Dildo. Of course, upon arrival, all the girls wanted their photo's taken next to the sign, made easier by the well trampled grass leading up to it.

(Caption not required).
Heart 0 Comment 0

Whilst riding down a back road we spotted a patch of grass with a bench on it, right next to a house with someone coming out. Emily went to work her magic, and soon won over Roy, the owner, who said it would be fine to spend the night there.

The sun going down at Dildo.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 37 miles (60 km)
Total: 7,394 miles (11,899 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0