Charlottetown to Summerside - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

October 5, 2012

Charlottetown to Summerside

Yesterday was spent looking around Charlottetown, the capital of PEI (and shaking off the excesses of the night before). I am not a "city person", but Charlottetown has a different feel to it. It is not too big, and everyone seemed friendly. There was also lots to see - which is probably why there was another cruise ship in town today, blotting out the horizon. I also spent some time just hanging out at the hostel as there were some interesting folk there, and a group of us went out for a quiet beer to finish the day off. All in all a good day off the bike.

Another view from the trail.
Heart 1 Comment 0

When I was in Newfoundland at Steady Brook back in the middle of August I met a couple from PEI, Trevor and Chrissie, who invited me to their place at Summerside, which is where I headed today, and once again I planned to get there by the Confederation Trail as much as possible, only using the roads for about 2 miles, which made for another great ride. The trail passed through Kensington with its restored railway station being a good place to stop for a coffee and some wifi.

Kensington railway station.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Once at Trevor and Chrissie's, the beer flowed, and before long a roaring bonfire had been built and a group of their friends had gathered for a sociable evening around the fire, with lots of Trevor's freshly cooked island seafood, mmm.

Today's ride: 49 miles (79 km)
Total: 8,529 miles (13,726 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0