Barachois Pond Provincial Park to Peter Strides Pond - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

August 25, 2012

Barachois Pond Provincial Park to Peter Strides Pond

There was a chilly start to the morning today, and a very heavy dew, which seems to be the normal now that the summer is on it's way out. Whilst getting ready this morning Kate's phone was stolen from the Ladies where it was charging - of all the places that we have been to and left things to charge, this one seemed about as safe as they come. She spoke to many of the staff, and informed the RCMP, who came to take a statement, and enthused about the next leg of our trip to Burgeo and beyond.

Heart 0 Comment 0

As we were leaving the park we had many more offers of a lift to the top of the road, a 2km hill, which they offer to all cyclists, but being the stubborn ones that we are, we rode.

The Annieopsquotch Mountains.
Heart 0 Comment 0

There was some very heavy rain as we headed south on the almost deserted Burgeo highway, but it didn't distract us from the beautiful views. The land was mainly forest and rolling hills, but we passed close to the Annieopsquotch Mountains which are outstanding. When we came to Peter Strides Pond, an area which a few Newfies have built their "cottages" and the first sign of habitation since leaving the Provincial Park, we ate dinner by the shore of a lake, and a local we were chatting to showed us a place to put the tents which was flat, not too rocky, and wouldn't be in anybody's way. It was time for an early night.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 56 miles (90 km)
Total: 7,152 miles (11,510 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0