Travel day numero dos - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

November 9, 2021

Travel day numero dos

Desert campground to Kartchner Caverns State Park

Since we didn't have much to do this morning other than eat breakfast and load the bikes, we were able to get on the road by 9 am. This was a nice campground to keep on the books for another short stay. 

It was another day on the interstate as we headed east and south to Tucson. When we got into town, we made a side trip to pick up some items from the Airstream Life store. 

The guy that runs this puts out a nice magazine for Airstream owners along with selling all sorts of things for your trailer. Don had ordered several items that we need so by picking them up in person saved on shipping costs. 

The store was more of a warehouse but they let us walk around a bit, shopping from the aisles. We ended up in the clearance section, and bought a couple of nice floor mats and an Airstream t-shirt for me that were on sale.

Once we stowed our purchases, we continued down the road to Kartchner Caverns State Park. We've camped here several times and it's one of our favorite Arizona parks. Small, lots of space between sites and quiet with beautiful sunrises. Plus it's a dark sky park so the stars are always amazing.

They let us check in early and we quickly set up our spot which is paved. It's also long enough to roll out the dance floor if we want to practice, although we're hoping to find some dancing in Tucson or at the Elks in Sierra Vista. Mainly we'll be biking.

We'll be here for about a week, before moving on once again.

The sunrise this morning was so nice!
Heart 1 Comment 0
The colors kept changing every minute.
Heart 3 Comment 0
This one was my favorite with my favorite cactus highlighted by the clouds!
Heart 1 Comment 0
When we stopped at the Airstream Life store, we saw these palm tree seeds out front.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The seeds sprout and turn into these seedlings.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And then after many years, they grow into these giants!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0