Back to the Mile High City - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

December 7, 2021

Back to the Mile High City

Las Vegas, NM to Denver, CO

We woke up to a positively frigid morning. I knew we would be putting up with winter as we headed north, but it's kind of shock to the system to go from 80's to 30's in just a couple of days!

It didn't take long to get ready to leave today since Don hadn't bothered to unhitch the trailer last night. Just eat breakfast and load the bikes. We were off very early - 8:30. 

The drive today was all on interstate and familiar to us, so it was kind of boring. Although we do like this part of New Mexico. 

We were making such good time today that we decided to skip the planned overnight in Pueblo and make the push for home in one day. It would make for a really long drive but Don was up for it, if I helped with the driving. 

By getting into Denver today it also put us ahead of potential snow storm. No way do we want to pull the trailer in icy snowy conditions!

There's not much to report about the drive and by 3:30 we were pulling into our condo complex. Yeah! We're finally home (or at least our non-rolling home).

Don found a place to park on the street near our building and we had just enough light to start pulling things out of the trailer before we collapsed - exhausted from the past 3 days on the road. 

Tomorrow we'll have all day to empty out the trailer, especially all of the liquid items that could freeze. Then on Thursday we have an appointment at the Airstream dealer to have Tango winterized. They'll also have it in the shop for a week in order to fix a number of warranty issues we found while on the road. 

From there we tow it over to a place nearby that will doing a small remodel for us. They'll be removing an end of our long couch and installing a cupboard with counter on top. We're a little lacking in counter space and more storage is always welcome. 

I'll be closing out this journal for now but look for a new one starting in January as we hit the road again! Thanks for following along with us!

Sunrise or sunset, the desert is always a beautiful place to visit!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Kathleen JonesGreat trip. Looking forward to your January travels. Happy holidays.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rich FrasierNice journal! It was fun to follow along on your adventures.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
marilyn swettTo Kathleen JonesThanks Kathleen!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
marilyn swettTo Rich FrasierThanks Rich!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago