Very well used bikes looking for their next adventure! - Tally Gals Bike Adventures - CycleBlaze

June 3, 2019

Very well used bikes looking for their next adventure!

Saying goodbye to our trusty steeds

Train travel day, return to Amsterdam!

Off on the train to Düsseldorf early this morning with three more trains on the itinerary ahead of us. Lots of train changes expected today. 

Looking across the Koblenz train station from our hotel room this morning, sunrise reflecting off the fort above.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Waiting for the train in Koblenz
Heart 1 Comment 0

However, our train arrived in Düsseldorf late and we missed our connection. Had to regroup when we found out we couldn’t get to Amsterdam in time to sell our bikes back to the bike shop. We decided to donate our bikes in Düsseldorf and take the train that didn’t allow bikes but went directly to Amsterdam with no train changes needed.

Saying goodby to our trusty, well used bikes. They took us on a great adventure of over 600 miles! They served us well.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Lynn WalkerBummer that you couldn’t sell your bikes.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago

Sounds like a reasonable decision right? Well, trees fell on the train tracks so our train couldn’t get through. The train got rerouted but then was so late the train changed destinations and would no longer go to Amsterdam.... so.... we changed trains again and this train did take us to Amsterdam. 

In addition, to this being a travel day it was also a sandwich day. We were squished like the meat in a sandwich both on trains and on the bus to our hotel.  Things were definitely crowded! It seemed everyone was on the move.

We were glad to arrive at the hotel and start packing things getting ready for the flight home tomorrow morning.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Sandy OsteenGlad you made it to your hotel safe. What an adventure! Safe travels home, I can’t wait to see you tomorrow night!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Meg BatesYour resilience and flexibility has certainly served you well. Sounds like a Magical Mystery Tour there at the end.

Sounds like they could have used some train and bus shovers!!!!!

Here’s to uneventful travel back to FLA.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jane FletcherAt times we felt like they were using train and bus shovers!!!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jane FletcherTo Sandy OsteenπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
Reply to this comment
4 years ago