Day 8 - Schenectady to Albany - Tally Gals Bike Adventures - CycleBlaze

July 17, 2022

Day 8 - Schenectady to Albany

Day 8 - Schenectady to Albany - 400 miles along the Erie Canal! Buffalo to Albany done!!!

Woo Hoo! Day 8 and on to Albany!
Heart 2 Comment 0


Mostly flat today with a few uphill blips. Lots of shady trail, the Mohawk River joins the Hudson River, majestic Cohoes Falls, last goodbyes to folks we met along the way. 

8 days of riding including two metric centuries brought us through lots of history, and wonderful communities that rolled out the red carpet and treated this horde of cyclists very well. 

Water for the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Trusty truck 2 hauled our bags every day. We put them on the truck each morning and picked them up each afternoon when we got into camp.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Starting Day 8 and our special SAG takes the heavy lock and sends us off one more time.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Last morning with the neighborhood camping crowd.
Heart 2 Comment 0
We followed these on street markings all the way from Buffalo to Albany. 400 miles and the route was very well marked!
Heart 0 Comment 0
First thing this morning a climb…. Not warmed up yet….
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lots of day Lillys growing wild everywhere
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Mohawk River in the distance
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Majestic Cohoes Falls on the Mohawk river
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tally Gals at Cohoes Falls
Heart 1 Comment 0
Approaching the morning rest stop on Peebles island
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our Tally Gal certified helmet fitter adjusting Dericks helmet.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Derick our tour historian after having his helmet fit by our certified helmet fitter. Much better! Need to protect those brains!
Heart 0 Comment 0
10 miles to go from the rest stop! Almost there…
Heart 0 Comment 0
And no big climbs between us and the finish line!
Heart 0 Comment 0
On our way again, Albany is the next stop!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Albany skyline coming in to view as we approach town.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Welcoming the cyclists
Heart 0 Comment 0
Approaching the finish line
Heart 0 Comment 0
The finish line! Here we come!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Crossing the finish line!
Heart 0 Comment 0
The tally gals finish
Heart 0 Comment 0
Yahoo!
Heart 0 Comment 0
We made it!
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are officially End to Enders on the Erie Canal-way Trail!
Heart 1 Comment 0
We did it!!! The sign says 360 miles but we did 400 once you consider getting to each evenings camping spot…
Heart 1 Comment 0
The after party, food trucks, lemonade, claiming luggage and getting ready for the shuttle back to Buffalo.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Food trucks and lunch on the curb….
Heart 0 Comment 0
Loading bikes for the ride back to Buffalo
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Waiting our turn to load bikes
Heart 0 Comment 0
The last day was a short one! Only 28 miles.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The Parks and Trails New York staff and the 100 volunteers put on a wonderful well supported ride. They were well organized and had thought out how to best serve a horde of cyclists in a way that worked efficiently and got everyone what they needed!
Thank you!

#cycletheeriecanal

Today's ride: 29 miles (47 km)
Total: 29 miles (47 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Belinda PhillipsI loved reading about your trip. I also enjoyed getting to know y’all on the Ride the Rim trip. I have enjoyed getting back into bike riding since that trip. If y’all plan another trip and are interested in including a Carolina girl please let me know.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Marcia MealeTo Belinda PhillipsGlad you enjoyed the blog. The White Rim trip was quite an adventure. It was a great group to ride with. Happy to hear you’ve been riding regularly. Right now we’re just riding locally. Hopefully soon will plan our next adventure.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago