Rain gear windmills and tulips - Tally Gals Bike Adventures - CycleBlaze

April 28, 2019

Rain gear windmills and tulips

Packing tip: bring rain gear including pants and head cover.

Another wonderful day of easy riding through pastoral landscapes filled with fresh green grass, wildflowers, cattle and every now and then in the middle of a field rainbow rows of tulips. To our delight we stopped at a windmill out of another era climbing to near the top spying rows of colorful tulips through a small vertical window. Inside was a step back in time complete with all the implements of daily living for the Miller and his family. Later we rode by historic windmills still in use by families. Small towns and churches small and large rounded out some of our stops today.

Passing our HotelBoot during the ride today
Heart 2 Comment 1
Lynn WalkerHow cool is this hotel on water!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
The little church
Heart 2 Comment 0
The windmill
Heart 1 Comment 0
The large church
Heart 0 Comment 0
Inside the large church. A very nautical theme. This village used to be an island where shipping and waling took place before the seas were drained.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Lynn WalkerWhy were the seas drained?
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jane FletcherThey drained the seas to make more land. They use it for agriculture homes etc.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
This is a typical country road in Holland. It is one lane wide but is used for two way car and bike traffic!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our ferry ride this morning. The ferry could take about 10 passengers and bikes at one time.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Tulip fields, wonderful stripes of color!
Heart 3 Comment 0
A view of the whole field with a major highway in the background.
Heart 4 Comment 0

Today's ride: 25 miles (40 km)
Total: 1,619 miles (2,606 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 10
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Joanna Southerland sKeep posting - wonderful!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago