Mountain Biking! - Tally Gals Bike Adventures - CycleBlaze

May 17, 2019

Mountain Biking!

On a tour bike.....

Blue skies, sun, lower elevations, mountain bike trails up and down with tight switchbacks; over the river and over the river and over the river and through the woods.  Numerous mountain bikers passed us going both ways on these designated mountain bike trails. We can’t seem to get to Salzburg without a little native help. In frustration, after trying to explain the directions multiple times with lots of pointing, they just indicate to follow them. 

One crash on a steep winding ascent - the only causality one pannier clip, successfully repaired.  Layers shed as the day progressed down to one shirt and a jacket. Quite a change from 5 layers on top just a couple of days ago. 

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Waiting while we asked directions.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Over the river...
Heart 4 Comment 0
The Saalach River our friend for the day.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Through the valley and into the woods on mountain bike trails.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Over the river again...
Heart 1 Comment 0
A German man had us follow him in order to help us get toward Salzburg. When he was going to go a different direction he found some friends who spoke english to give us further help. Thankful for the local help.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Map of our route.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 37 miles (60 km)
Total: 1,268 miles (2,041 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Sandy OsteenGlad no one was hurt in the crash. Beautiful views, guardian angels are still with you sending you guides when needed. On to the next adventure!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago