Hoodoo? - Tally Gals Bike Adventures - CycleBlaze

May 29, 2022

Hoodoo?

Hoodoos are other worldly! We got a small taste of them today in Bryce Canyon and Red Canyon. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

We rode the paved cycle path to Bryce Canyon and over to the Fairyland Canyon Overlook, the hoodoos there were spectacular! There were so many filling the canyon, they were everywhere you looked. Some had windows in them and each one was different. Hoodoos are formed by the freezing and melting of water that seeps into stone and breaks of pieces over time. There are so many in Bryce Canyon because in a typical year the freeze and melt about 200 times; days that have both freezing and above freezing temperatures.  

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0


We rode across a plain and then wound down through Red Canyon buffeted by a very strong headwind (20-30mph) that sometimes switched and moved us sideways.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had really strong headwinds today, they didn’t affect those on ebikes much but those on analog bikes really needed to work hard to make headway. It was strong enough that you even had to pedal going down hill….

Lunch was chicken caesar wraps provided by our guides, they were great. The strong winds threatened to blow the food, utensils, bowls etc away.

As we arrived at our hotel we had a couple of snow flurries! From 96 degree heat a few days ago to snow flurries!

Had dinner with the outlaws in the Outlaw Saloon in Hatch. The food was excellent!

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

All in all a great first day on our tour of Bryce and Zion.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 15 miles (24 km)
Total: 485 miles (781 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0