Day 10: Lowville to Constableville - Sea to Sea - CycleBlaze

May 19, 2022

Day 10: Lowville to Constableville

Too wet

I should have waited a day to continue on, given the weather forecast, but 30% chance of showers didn’t sound too bad.  It turned into 100% mist with temps in the high 40s.  Definitely not the best riding weather and the route was mostly uphill.  At mile 18, a Circle K with a cafe appeared like a mirage and I pulled in there for the end of my day.  No photos - too miserable to stop.

Today's ride: 18 miles (29 km)
Total: 529 miles (851 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Bill DuffySorry to hear about he crummy weather Bob. Should be on the Eire Canal Path in a day or two?
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
John KeatorHi Bob

Sorry about the miserable weather. Not much better here; strong frost this AM, we went birding at Weeks State Park where it continued to cloud over and finally rain all PM. Supposed to get really hot again for the weekend. I’m enjoying your blog and photos each day; keep ‘em up!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Bob TuckerNothing like drizzle and cold to dampen your spirits. Glad to see you took Mother Nature's hint and shortened your ride today! Rest up and prepare to get out early to beat the heat this weekend. Your mileage is adding up. Wishing you safe travels and FOLLOWING winds!!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Eric & Elaine HendricksonWhen we crosse the maritimes in Canada and Newfoundland we had 28 days in a row of rain, not all hard but cold. We double bagged it to stay dry and Elaine discovered the dishwashing glove were the deal to keep your hands warm. We were tenting but managed to keep most of oir stuff dry. Always hit up the gas stations to warm hands in the bathroom dryer. Stay warm and dry om your adventures.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago