Day 27...Lagunitas to Montara - Rick's Solo Canada to Mexico Adventure - CycleBlaze

October 16, 2018

Day 27...Lagunitas to Montara

View of the city from Sausalito
Heart 2 Comment 0
From the bridge
Heart 2 Comment 0
Looking back toward Sausalito
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
A lady from Santa Rosa offered to take my picture. You can see the bridge fogging in
Heart 4 Comment 0
Now the bridge is completely fogged in
Heart 0 Comment 0
I have no idea.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Kathleen JonesIt's a bunker from the former coastside defense. Everything eroding around it. Not too many years and it will fall into the sea.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Craig and Liz
Heart 3 Comment 0
Craig and me
Heart 3 Comment 1
Vicki TobiasLookin' great, Watson guys!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago

It was a cold but very nice morning as I left Jill in Lagunitas riding through a series of cute little towns on the way to San Francisco. Towns like Fairfax, San Amselmo, Ross, Kentfield, Larkspur, Corte Madera, Mill Valley and Saucalito. It was beautiful sunny ride across the Golden Gate bridge with stunning views of the city and surrounding areas. And typical San Francisco 5 minutes after I crossed the bridge the fog rolled in and you couldnt see 100 yards. Fortunately I just beat it.

Now while it was an awesome ride it was also maybe the most harrowing 2 miles of the trip. There are east and west sidewalks crossing the bridge both about 9 feet wide. For some reason the west sidewalk was closed. There were thousands of people walking and hundreds more on rented bikes taking pictures while they were riding. It was crazy!!

After crossing the bridge it was a nice ride through the Presidio and Golden Gate Park and then west to the ocean and down through Daily City and Pacifica to my final destination in Montara.

My nephew Craig and his girlfriend Liz live about an hour away in Fremont. They drove over and treated me to an awesome dinner at a great Peruvian restaurant. It was great to see them!

Today's ride: 50 miles (80 km)
Total: 1,144 miles (1,841 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0