Tuesday 24th September Second Life by the Sea in Piran - Retyrement on 2 Wheels 3 - CycleBlaze

September 24, 2019

Tuesday 24th September Second Life by the Sea in Piran

September 24 Tuesday. 10Kms.

Second Life by the Sea in Piran 

Having packed away our laundry and stashed the clothesline, breakfasted, we retrieve our bikes and baggage, farewell Gabriella and move to ‘Second Life in Piran’. And indeed it is just that- the sun is shining, with some intensity, the new guesthouse is a short walk from the beach and the marvellous Katja, speaker of umpteen languages, allows us an 11:30 am check in.”

 

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

By 12:00 we are swimming in the Adriatic- such clear water we can see our feet beneath us- and afterwards we are able to soak in the sun - such a contrast to the soaking of yesterday. The bathing area is extensive and the sea is bordered by a wall which makes a suitable jumping off platform. 

This part of the sea is also bordered by massive warehouses, once used to store salt, gleaned from the salt works further around the foreshore. These warehouses are now used as a museum and art gallery.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

And so our afternoon passes. We enjoy a glass of wine and a pizza while watching the sun set somewhere over by Venice. Then it’s back to ‘Second Life.’

Today's ride: 10 km (6 miles)
Total: 2,551 km (1,584 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Tricia GrahamWhat a wonderful feeling it is when eventually you reach the Adriatic it feels such an accomplishment
Tricia
Reply to this comment
4 years ago