We're on our Way: flying to Frankfurt - Riding In My Grandfather's WW1 Footsteps - CycleBlaze

June 8, 2016

We're on our Way: flying to Frankfurt

Beginning the first step of our three month trip.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Barry boarding the plane that will take us to Calgary. Thanks to Fulford Elementary School for their gift to him of their school t-shirt "Inspired by Nature". Barry had the good fortune of teaching at Fulford in a grade 3/4 class for the past 3 months.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Leaving the Victoria airport we can see Saltspring Island in the distance.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our friend Kurt drove us from Saltspring Island to the airport in Victoria. We enjoyed the simplicity of being able to fly out of Victoria rather than Vancouver as the ferry from Saltspring Island is only 30 minutes and the drive to the airport takes only 5 minutes. As well, since the airport is so small, we were through security in just a few minutes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We had a stop in Calgary to wait for our connecting flight to Frankfurt.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The flight on Air Canada from Calgary to Frankfurt was pretty good. We paid $100 more for extra legroom and it was worth the cost. We watched a movie and tried to sleep. We were more than happy with the service on the plane.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our wonderful friend Cora meeting us at the Frankfurt Airport.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0