Staying with friends: Seavo gets a tune up and we enjoy music at Weilburg Palace. - Riding In My Grandfather's WW1 Footsteps - CycleBlaze

June 9, 2016

Staying with friends: Seavo gets a tune up and we enjoy music at Weilburg Palace.

Today we go for a ride to a nearby village and leave our tandem at a bike shop. Cora is riding in front of us on a beautiful new bike path.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bernhard Pacak is the owner of a great little bike shop. He is a Rolhoff hub specialist, so we are confident having him work on our bike. We have brought a variety of bike parts from Canada for Bernard and his colleague to install, but we have discovered that most of the parts are cheaper (and often made) in Germany.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bike is ready. Bernhard did a fabulous job. A note about the "cool stop" brake pads - they proved to be extremely loud. Bernhard tenaciously tried to adjust the brake pads, but he finally contributed a different type and they work well and are silent!
Heart 0 Comment 0
It is strawberry season in Germany. Cora has made a delicious quark-strawberry cake.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We have arrived in Weilburg to attend a classical concert. The concert was supposed to take place outdoors at the Weilburg Palace. But since the weather forecast is for rain, the venue has been changed to the beautiful Palace Cathedral.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mary Ellen and Cora dressed for the concert.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The lion is a significant symbol of the royal palace of Weilburg.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Weilburger Schloss Konzerte (Weilburg Palace Concerts) - an international music festival of classical music set in the palace.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This bird could hear the musicians tuning up and began singing beautifully.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tuning up before the concert.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The first half of the concert featured piano and orchestra performing Beethoven. The second half featured the orchestra performing Schubert.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The first half is over, so they are removing the piano.
Heart 0 Comment 0
What a beautiful venue for a concert.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dinner with the Reitz family.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cora is an amazing cook. The dish on the right features a famous traditional recipe from Frankfurt - green sauce, which is traditionally served with roast potatoes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0