Sorry I missed your call, I was busy dancing to the ring tone - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

March 5, 2022

Sorry I missed your call, I was busy dancing to the ring tone

Naples fun day

No riding today as we're dancing tonight. We spent most of our time starting to pack up our camp since we're leaving on Monday. 

For a break, we spent a couple of hours shopping at some different thrift stores. And of course, we found some goodies! It's amazing how many different thrift stores are in Naples and all of them donating money to different charities. 

We even found a "boutique" Salvation Army store which was quite an upgrade in look, merchandise and prices from their standard stores. I guess that says something about the type of donations from the wealthy in this town. I have seen quite a few really nice gowns and other clothing at these thrift stores.

This evening we drove over to the Bonita Springs Elk's lodge to attend their dinner/dance. What a change from last Saturday! There were hardly any people there so we often we were the only ones on the floor. We wondered why the lack of customers, but Don thought it might have been because last week they served a prime rib special. But I felt it was more likely due to a music show going on in the lodge's ballroom. From the noise coming from inside, it sounded like quite the party! 

Our food was tasty again and the singer was good who was also singing to background music. So we ended up getting in a lot of dances. Although the guy did some nice foxtrots, he couldn't seem find a waltz a do?! Strange. It would have been to get some practice in on our waltzing since the floor was so empty. Oh well, another day.

The best sunrise picture I could get from the KOA.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I loved these seahorses covered with shells that decorated the front of the KOA office.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0