Doing the silver shimmy - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

May 20, 2022

Doing the silver shimmy

Harrington, Delware

It was a hot one today and we could tell the humidity was also up there. So we didn't do much except hang out on our patio and read. Our neighbors were mostly nowhere to be seen as they were also all staying inside their air conditioned trailers. 

This evening the organizers had brought in a band so after dinner we grabbed our dance shoes and headed over to see if we could get in some type of dancing. 

We were pleased with the floor as our shoes moved well on the smooth, polished concrete. Not our preferred floating wood floor but it would do. 

The band which was called Malpractice (supposedly formed by doctors and lawyers) was ok. It was a big group with 3 horn players that were VERY loud. In fact, my ears were ringing later as I didn't have my earplugs with me. 

But their music left a lot to be desired - at least from our viewpoint. We hadn't really expected ballroom but still managed to do quite a bit of dancing. But doing a tango to Pat Benatar's "Hit me with Your Best Shot" was a stretch! 

We were the only ones doing any true couple's dancing. The rest of the group mostly wiggled around by themselves. It was nice that we did get quite a few compliments. 

But the hard surface eventually wore out our feet and legs so we headed back to our trailer after a couple of hours. Hopefully we'll be up for a tandem ride tomorrow, although it's supposed to be another scorcher in the 90's.

All the patio tchotchkes came out this week. Gotta keep up with the neighbors, you know, plus it helps us find our trailer!
Heart 0 Comment 0
The band tonight was a large one with 2 singers and 3 horns. They were ok but a bit too loud. What was funny was that they were missing their drummer and the band leader asked us if any one played drums. There happened to be a woman that did and she volunteered to help them out. She filled in on several songs and did very well.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0