Day 115: Nederzwalm to Kapelle Op Den Bos - Racpat Morocco to Holland 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 10, 2023

Day 115: Nederzwalm to Kapelle Op Den Bos

A Great Last Day Out

“The Belgium Eclairs are the best,” Patrick says then continues, “why try to improve what is already good?”

We ride the cyclists highway network (roads with a designated bike path), until we find a separate bike path away from the road. This path goes through shaded areas that we are thankful for as the temperature is rising.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

Early on we find a bakery in one of the first villages we pass through. So different from the villages in France. Patrick has the Eclair that he has been wanting, those with custard filling. We take extra pastries for later.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Time to toss the Mountain Hardware red jacket....from starting with 2015-17 RTW
Heart 1 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltAlways hard to part with an old friend...
Reply to this comment
10 months ago

The wind is again against us, but on the bike path we are protected with trees, and the single line of houses on each side of the road. As Patrick notes, “This is common in Belgium, houses built along the road and fields in the back instead of as a village.”

We look for lunch in Kapellen op den Bos and surprisingly only one shop that makes sandwiches is open. We figure this must be about the only shop open today as there are lots of customers.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Toasting with pastry our next to the last day of the tour
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

We reach our Warmshowers hosts around 1pm. They too are world cyclists having toured with their two kids. Later in the afternoon, we go for a walk for farm made ice cream.

This is our last evening out on the road. Tomorrow at 1pm, we will meet up with Linda and Marco who will ride with us the last km to Ossendrecht.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 1
Trish HartThese are great!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
What cyclists do...sharing information and route suggestions.
Heart 7 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 60 km (37 miles)
Total: 4,928 km (3,060 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0