Georgia is lovely - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

March 21, 2019

Georgia is lovely

Yulee, Fl to Woodbine, GA

We were up visiting with Wayne and Linda first thing this morning. We all like our morning coffee. Linda left for work too soon. Wayne made us eggs and toast and there was nothing left to do but load up our bikes and ride! We sure enjoyed these two wonderful people. 

Up 17 we rode and soon we were crossing into Georgia! Bye Florida! We will come back. We love Florida riding and the Florida people.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We hear there are more gators in Georgia than in Florida!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Beautiful ride today. Nice shoulder to ride on or very low traffic.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Back at the swamp lands, oops!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Good shoulder
Heart 1 Comment 0
Really pretty rail trail into Woodbine
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Beautiful park next to the rail trail
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Old church across from our motel - The Stardust Lodge.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
We met Roger and Susan from Elma, NY!!! I used to live down the road in East Aurora. They knew it well. We were all eating lunch at the local diner.
Heart 1 Comment 0

After lunch we walked down to the store to get some milk. I had to go to three stores to get a small milk for oatmeal tomorrow but it was fun to go in each one. IGA, Dollar store and local mart. The local mart had what I needed. We are all settled in for the day!

Today's ride: 30 miles (48 km)
Total: 5,995 miles (9,648 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 1
John PescatoreIf you are taking the ACA Atlantic route through Washington DC and Baltimore (vs. the Chesapeake Bay/Eastern Shore alternative) my wife and I have plenty of room and if the timing worked out would be glad to pick you up and give you a place to stay. We are midway between Washington and Baltimore, a bit east of the ACA route - if we can help, you can contact me at jpescatore at aol dot com.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago