Back in the Saddle - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

January 8, 2019

Back in the Saddle

Shepherd to Kountze

Woke up feeling ready to ride today so we had some breakfast and took off. It was a beautiful day and we had the wind mostly at our backs. 

Lots and lots of water this side of Texas heading for the Bayous of Louisiana! This is Trinity River.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The rain we had a last week has it swollen and brown.
Heart 2 Comment 0
We stopped in Rye at the Convenience Store and got lunch. Rode another ten miles and sat down to eat.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heading out after lunch and it was so pretty I asked Em to take a picture. My phone holder broke when I fell off the bike and Susan let me buy her phone holder which I so appreciate but it take more to get the phone off and on so I didn't take pictures today.
Heart 2 Comment 0
We started seeing these all along the strip of grass along the highway!
Heart 2 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltCrayfish (crawdad) holes. Here is an internet site with good pictures.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/animals/getting-rid-crayfish-in-lawn.htm
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyTo Bill ShaneyfeltThey didn't show any pics of the crawdads!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Emmy stopped to take some pictures.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I stopped to ask a surveyer who was making them. Mud Bugs, he replied. Crawdads!!!
Heart 1 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltAha! You already found out! :-)
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyTo Bill ShaneyfeltI knew you would help me out if needed! Thanks Bill!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago

Perfect day! We are at the Super 8 in Kountze and it is very nice! Good to have some internet! Good to be back on the bikes!

Today's ride: 51 miles (82 km)
Total: 3,618 miles (5,823 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0