Headwinds! Last night in Texas! - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

January 9, 2019

Headwinds! Last night in Texas!

Kountze to Kirbyville

Stevie woke up all stuffed up today but still ready to ride! We had a Northwest wind all day and our route to Kirbyville was into the wind all day! Wide shoulders all the way. We buckled down and got the job done!

The rivers are all so full and some running over! The air is damp and today didn't warm up like yesterday with the wind on us all day.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
In Buna we stopped for lunch at this little Cajun place just north of town. Boy was it good! Very friendly. We got the large catfish plate. I wanted grilled, Step wanted fried. They brought us two plates me with grilled fish, grilled veggies and cole slaw and Step fried catfish with french fries and cole slaw. When Em went to ask about dessert, she grabbed three brownies and served them up, no charge. Very sweet and curious about our ride. Em had Gumbo and says it was GOOD!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Great menu!
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is Jim Strictland in Kirbyville at the Methodist Church. He says usually a dozen cyclists have gone through by now and we are the first since mid December! He is an ACA member and he showed us all around the church. We had showers and he is taking us to a restaurant to have dinner later. He's a doll.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 3,660 miles (5,890 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0