Another hopefully brief time out - An Italian Spring, 2023 - CycleBlaze

March 29, 2023

Another hopefully brief time out

Licata probably isn’t everyone’s idea of a great two night stay, but under the circumstances it’s working well for us.  Our hotel room is pleasant enough, they serve a good breakfast, and neither of us feels up to doing much of anything anyway.  I don’t leave the room all day other than to take the elevator upstairs for a minimal breakfast - yogurt, corn flakes, a scrambled egg, a pear, not even coffee - because that’s all I have an appetite for.  Rachael makes it out to the store at least, and brings back enough snack food to get us through the day.  So it doesn’t really matter that there are no tourist sights or restaurants to inspire us.

We fill the day with naps, reading, considering bookings in Mallorca for this fall, and speculating about what tomorrow will bring.  Could be worse - we’re glad to have the option to take a timeout again, and grateful to our B&B in Gela for letting us cancel without penalty under the circumstances.  With luck tomorrow will be more interesting than today, and in a good way.

Some pics of Licata, from the balcony of our hotel:

Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 11
Comment on this entry Comment 10
Keith AdamsDespite the reason for it, it's good to have a day off every now and again.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesOh you poor two! We hope you are both soon back to your usual healthy selves.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Andrea BrownLong ago when Bruce's dad was a perky 95 and doing the daily family email Morning Report, Bruce wrote to him from Laos and said that I was sick (food poisoning, probably). The hot-off-the-press MR headline went as follows: "Andrea is Baw Sabai" (not well). I hope you are both sabai dii again very soon.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Scott AndersonTo Andrea BrownThanks! Seems to be the case, happily enough.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Suzanne GibsonI'm glad that you can get a good rest where you are. Sleep is the best medicine.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Bruce LellmanTo Andrea BrownSo, today my father's Morning Report headline would have been, "Scott is Non Bene."
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Patrick O'HaraEnjoy your little break! Hope you're on the mend.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rachael AndersonTo Steve Miller/GrampiesThanks! Compared to the health issues both of you’ve had, it’s nothing.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Scott AndersonTo Bruce LellmanPerfecto!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Ron SuchanekGI stuff is bad enough when you're at home, but even worse when on the road. Hope it clears up soon.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago