A placeholder in Brescia - An Italian Spring, 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 1, 2023 to June 2, 2023

A placeholder in Brescia

We were in Brescia three nights, a surprisingly appealing city that we like very much - for a city, that is.  It’s just a bit too large for us, but the historical center and the castle above it are really outstanding - full of interest, not too crazy with tourists even though we’re here in a holiday weekend (Liberation Day) and impressively bike-friendly.  

A lot of hiking happened here, and An embarrassingly small amount of biking happened too.  Plus some sight seeing and eating, just the usual agenda you’d expect on an urban break.  We’re behind on the blog and don’t feel like we’ll forget what happened here, so for now we’re going to drop a few representative photos and come back later.  Given that we’re so close to the end of the tour this might not happen until we get back to Portland, but we’ll see.

The old and new cathedrals, on Piazza Paolo VI.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Celebrating Republic Day on the Piazza della Loggia.
Heart 4 Comment 0
An Italian sparrow in Brescia, on the Brescia Armata fountain in the Piazza Paolo VI. The Italian sparrow is the National Bird of Italy.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Two Rock Pigeons in Brescia, on the Giambattista Cignaroli fountain in the Piazza Paolo VI. I don’t think rock pigeons are held in particularly great esteem in Italy but you do see a lot of them, often prominently placed like this.
Heart 2 Comment 0
A rhinoceros in Brescia, in the Piazza della Vittoria.
Heart 4 Comment 5
Bill ShaneyfeltRhino of Damocles?
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Scott AndersonTo Bill ShaneyfeltHey, that’s very funny!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Kathleen JonesTo Bill Shaneyfelt👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Bill ShaneyfeltI suppose it was a combination of High School Lit. and a career as a Safety Manager that I almost ignored, but just could not pass up.

I mean, how can one not look at that and wonder when it will drop!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Rich FrasierTo Bill ShaneyfeltThis is one of those times when I want to click a heart on a comment!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
A gorilla in Brescia, outside the walls of the castle. One of several bronze gorillas roaming free around the castle, as part of a temporary art exhibit.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Two cosplayers in Brescia, here for the Cosplay & Comics event at the castle.
Heart 2 Comment 0
An astrological clock in Brescia, on the Piazza della Loggia.
Heart 3 Comment 0
A team of cycling vagabonds in Brescia, on the Piazza della Vittoria.
Heart 7 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 9
Comment on this entry Comment 0