Vilanova to Vigo - Toulouse to Porto 2019 - CycleBlaze

July 22, 2019

Vilanova to Vigo

Out along the coast. The straight line on the map is when my GPS turned off for a while.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Last night we took a stroll past the string of campgrounds along this part of the coast.  They really all looked like tent towns. Tent trailers were parked with precision to fit into their small plots.  Adults drank and had lively discussions under colorful awnings while children played and had the  freedom that only a summer can provide.  Wet towels hung from clotheslines and laughter and splashes echoed from the  suspiciously the cloudy pool.

We sat down at one of our neighbouring campground bars hoping to order some food.  It was 7:30 and you would be hard pressed to find anywhere in Spain serving dinner at that time. The server told us that food service would not begin until 9pm.  The patio was shaded, cool, and was a great spot for people watching; so, we just ordered some drinks and sat and enjoyed observing this little snapshot of life.

Our original plan today was to cycle the two peninsulas that create the Bay of Pontevedra and the Bay of Vigo.  

The last plot in this camp was ours. They really jammed every one in here. If you like being cozy with your neighbours, stay here.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We stood out here at this campground. Many curious onlookers, wondering what we were up to, and young kids practicing their English, with shy, ‘hellos’ and ‘hi’s’.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The beach directly across the lane from our campground.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The charming little town of Cambados was a real standout today. The Portuguese Camino passes through here.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Cambados. One of the benefits of early morning cycling is that you get to ride through empty cobbled squares like this.
Heart 2 Comment 0
On a mission for morning coffee in Cambados.
Heart 2 Comment 0
A Lanzada beach. ‘A Lanzada’ is actually the name of this beach, just In case you were wondering what a Lanzada was.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We stopped here for a break. A Lanzada beach.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Enjoying the view too.
Heart 2 Comment 0
This part of the coastline is dotted with beaches just like this.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Approaching Sanxenxo.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Leaving Sanxenxo.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Bay of Pontevedra. At the Mirador.
Heart 2 Comment 0
A Granxa. Looking east towards Pontevedra.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Dipsy doodling along the Portuguese Camino. These tend to take you up and down, over and yonder......not the most direct route.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Horreos here in Galacia are a little smaller than those in Asturias.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 75 km (47 miles)
Total: 1,283 km (797 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0